Wednesday, April 27, 2011

90. Go ATVing

Completed: 1 July, 2010
It was a beautiful summer's day, Canada day, to be exact. When I went out to a friend's farm to go ATVing. Unfortunately, I was ill prepared for this adventure. I only knew that we were going there for the day, not that we would be doing all sorts of outdoor activities. So, I wore flip flops. One of my less intelligent decisions. Once I was finished work, my sister's friend, Sarah came to pick me up and off we went to the farm outside of the city.



Once we got there, we were greeted by some other friends who had also come for some fun on the farm. My sister was already there and ATVing her little heart out. Bryan offered to let me go on the dirt bike. Another bad decision. I ended up going through part of the field and wiping out on the pavement. Sarah was obviously in hysterics. Sigh. The life of a klutz. I got up and tried to go at it again... And fell again. After a few more failed attempts, Bryan took me on a ride around the farm in attempts to show me how to ride the bike properly... I still sucked.

After giving up on the dirt bike, I hopped on one of the ATVs. It was probably a million times easier just because balance was taken out of the equation. I also drive a standard car so I found driving the ATV a lot easier. After we were done with ATVing for the day, we went to the beach and watched the fireworks with a bunch of other friends from church. After the fireworks were over we drove back to the farm and sat around the campfire until the wee hours of the morning.

It was one of the most fun days of my summer and I can't wait for this summer to start for a whole bunch of new adventures!





P.S. You can now like my blog on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...