Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Everybody wants to have a cat.

Okay, so the title is a bit of an exaggeration. I decided today that I have the cutest cats on the face of the earth, sorry cat ladies, you're out of luck. Not only are they cute on the outside, they're cute on the inside. They have the best little personalities and they let us pose them for pictures.
Kyoot Kittehs



Left to right: Misty and Logan
Now these pictures are a bit outdated. These were taken when we first got them just about a year ago. They've grown up quite a bit. And by grow up, I mean Logan got fat and Misty is still tiny. But we love them regardless. Here are some of the things I love about my cats:

Logan will come and lay on your shoulder while you're on the computer or watching TV and just lick your neck. He does this to the point where you've lost the top layer of your skin and he's still licking you! My family and I like to call this affectionate action, "making out". Because really, what else can we call it? Logan is licking me? Not really. It's so much more intense than that.

Misty is the best because she will just let you pick her up and cuddle with her whenever you want. Whereas, Logan decides if he wants to lay with you on the couch while you're watching TV. If you want Logan to cuddle with you, that's too freakin' bad. He has better things to do than watch How I Met Your Mother with you after work. Misty is just so indifferent about everything she makes a superb snuggle buddy.

Now, my cats are awesome and it's not just my bias or being their parent (yes, their parent). Everyone who comes to our house usually says something along the lines of "I usually hate cats, but your cats are awesome!" And we know they are. But what most people don't know is that they have little annoying things they like to do. Why? I don't know. It's probably some sick revenge on us for forgetting to change the litter box occasionally.
Logan looks possessed... I swear it's just a camera flare.
The thing that Logan does that drives me INSANE is when you're petting him, lovingly. And then all of a sudden, he wants to play. Before you know it, your hand, wrist and arm are chew toys. It's like Logan is a furry, cuddly, soft little animal and then he morphs into this monster. I love how The Oatmeal Comic talks about petting your cat... It reminded me so much of Logan.

Misty enjoys long walks on the beach, dancing in the rain, attacking your feet and head butting your face - all while you're trying to sleep. She does this thing while I'm sleeping. She will reach under my blankets and claw at my feet. Why? Because she is sick and twisted. That's just how she rolls. The other thing that I mentioned she enjoyed doing, head butting you while sleeping. Now while you're awake, it's adorable and 100% enjoyable. But when you're sleeping... It's like you're being woken up by whiskers and hatred. You have to push her away constantly and once you think she's gone, she just keeps coming back for more. This never happens at the time that you actually have to wake up, it's usually at approximately 4am when NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND NEEDS TO BE AWAKE. What usually happens is that I have to pick her up, get out of my warm bed, put her outside of my room and close the door. 






They really are great cats, and our family loves them to death. Hopefully next time I go to pet them, I'll see empathy, not murder...

3 comments:

  1. dude really......i should post something about my dogs just to be contrary :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to like Brittany's comment but this isn't facebook lol. Julie you know how much I disagree with your title :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. aahahah, i like this:) it's so cleaver !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...