Monday, September 17, 2012

The plate is just too small.

I have been in school for two weeks. In those two weeks, I have taken notes, received assignments and realized that I have a lot due on the same dates.

Outside of school, I like to have this thing called a life. (Apparently, my professors have never heard of them. I have assured them that they are normal.) My life usually involves friends, church, hobbies, this blog, family and my kitten Oliver. Since I have started school, I feel that it has become the meat, potatoes and vegetables of my life... But there are so many more things on my plate than just school!


I decided today that my plate is simply far too small.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as finding a bigger plate. I have to pick and choose what gets to stay and what needs to go. This is not easy for me. I like to be reliable and dependable. I like saying yes. Even when I know I should say no...

For school, I'm having a hard time keeping track of the seemingly million assignments I have to do, when they are due, etc. I have a plan to organize that. But right now, it's extremely overwhelming.

I feel like I'm constantly drowning in to do lists.

So for any of you who have felt completely overwhelmed by the never ending to do lists, please comment. I am open to suggestions. I need to find something that will work for me before I start smashing all the real plates in my house. Haha...

But seriously. Suggestions please!


1 comment:

  1. Prioritize and organize. These things saved my life in University. Have a large monthly calendar so you can visually see what's coming up, what's due, etc. Highlight the due dates, and then figure out when you're actually going to work on those assignments. Use the calendar to also put in social and 'life' things! Because those are important in your mental health especially. Use those as rewards for completing assignments or getting a chunk of a paper written. You can do this! It's overwhelming especially at the beginning because of all the outlines from profs and all that. But as long as you stay organized you'll be able to find a good school and life rhythm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...