Wednesday, June 22, 2011

List of 20 books I want to read

One of my goals is to make a list of 20 books to read. Right now, I only have eight books that I've picked out for this goal. Knowing that I have some excellent friends/blog followers, I'm going to ask you to recommend some books for me to read and then I'm going to tell you all about the books I've chosen! Sounds fun right?!

Here are the books I've chosen thus far:
1) Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
2) In Her Shoes - Jennifer Weiner
3) Deception Point - Dan Brown
4) Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
5) The Girls - Lori Lansens
6) My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
7) Broken Things To Mend - Jeffrey R. Holland
8) Through His Eyes - Virginia H. Pearce

I need TWELVE books. I'm hoping to add Pride and Prejudice to the list. I just need a copy of it... All of the ones that I've listed off, I have copies of here with me in Ottawa. When I finish all of these, I plan to make a trip to Chapters. I know... Libraries. But I have this thing about owning the books that I've read. Don't judge me. Instead, recommend books to me!

4 comments:

  1. The Greatest Salesman in the World - Og Mandino
    A Thousand Splendid Sons - Khaled Hosseini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crime and Punishment- Dostoevsky
    Utopia- Thomas More
    Nineteen Minutes- Jodi Picoult
    Definitely Pride and Prejudice!
    Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
    Gone with the Wind- Margaret Mitchell
    Great Gatsby- Scott Fitzgerald
    The Odyssey- Homer

    Hopefully thats enough to choose from! let me know if you need more!!!! love you!! <3
    The Iliad- Homer
    The Scarlet Pimpernel- Baroness Orczy
    Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
    Robinson Crusoe- Damiel Defoe
    Great Expdectations- Charles Dickens
    Oliver Twist- Charles Dickens
    Tale of tWO cITIES- cHARLES dICKENS
    Persuasion- Jane Austen
    The Three Musketeers- Alexandre Dumas
    Treasure Isand- Robert Louis Stevenson
    The Importance of Being Earnest- Oscar Wilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree with Gone With The Wind! And:
    - My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares
    - Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
    - The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved My Name is Memory! I own it-- you can borrow it if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...